Thursday, January 5, 2012

1/4/12 Grapefruit, Purple Cabbage

Ingredients: Two regular grapefruits, one small head of purple cabbage.

Consistency: Light, slightly pulpy

Taste: Sweet, full, tangy, slightly bitter, grassy.

Rating: 6/10

Closing notes:

I enjoyed drinking this, but the combination did not work together. Purple cabbage creates a really beautiful juice, the colors in this combination are ridiculously bright. The juice of a purple cabbage is very mild and faintly sweet, it almost has a "milky" texture and taste. Your body will recognize the nutritional value, the stuff goes down *really* nicely.

I scored this particular mixture low because it wound up tasting like diluted grapefruit juice. I am learning that the grapefruit is useful to mask less pronounced flavors. This can be good or bad, depending on your situation. I drank two doses of raw juice today because I am trying to fight off this cold. I have been WAITING to get a cold so that I could get the chance to test my hypothesis regarding the healing power of raw juice. Ill keep you nerds posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment