Friday, January 6, 2012

1/5/12 A Cold Killing Machine


Ingredients: A crazy mixture of fresh cranberries, grapefruit, lemon, sand pear, ginger, apple, and carrot.

Consistency: Light and pulpy

Taste: Sweet, tangy, bitter, spicy. 

Rating: 7/10

Closing notes: I may have went overboard with the ginger -- but in making this concoction I was more concerned with killing my cold than I was with taste. It went down smoothly, I will be adding Ginger and Lemon to my drinks more frequently. They are an amazing addition not only for antioxidants but also for flavor. In this mixture, the ginger left a pleasant burning sensation on my lips -- sweet, glorious, cold killing power. The pulp of ginger has a tendency to clog the pulp catcher of my juicer, so I always juice the ginger and the lemon first -- then I clean it out of my filter and go forward with the other plants.


No comments:

Post a Comment